Friday, February 11, 2011

The Ugly Truth

I used to bitch and complain about parents who never read the newsletter I sent home, since news would be repeated for weeks at a time and then students would come to school without their book report they were supposed to have been working on for 6 weeks, or not come to school with their party supplies for the Christmas party, on the DAY OF THE PARTY.

Karma is a bitch. Today I am that parent. Blake's Valentine Party is today, this afternoon. I did not send him to school with his valentine's because I misread the newsletter his teacher sent home and just assumed the party was Monday. I have all the supplies to make cards this weekend with all the kids. We've been talking about it all week AND I even talked to Blake's teacher about it on Tuesday, like I COMPLETELY understood what was happening.

What is going to happen when Shawn really leaves? I'll tell you what. All three teachers of my kids will think I am the biggest loser as a parent, because if I can do this shit WITH Shawn in country, wtf will happen with him not?

1 comment:

  1. You need to give yourself a break. It was ONE forgetful moment. ONE. It isn't as if you are a cronic repeat, forgetful, noninvolved, noninterested parent. And I'm sorry but if Blake's teacher is going to hold this against you than she has a lot of growing up to do. Anyone with a family would easily forgive this - just as you would if you were a teacher now. Pre-kids it is easy to be critical of parents. Post-kids it is easy to be understanding.

    ReplyDelete