Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One day at a time


Other than my apathetic demeanor, the morning started out like this yesterday


Lunchtime, Haydon gets gnawed on by the dog



Dinnertime, Blake had rolled his sleeves up so tightly that his right bicep was twice the normal size, look closely, you can see the bulge and the red stripes are the marks from his shirt that did not go away for hours

Before the dog incident, which Haydon provoked, because I saw him startle/hurt/scare the dog, I was baking for some therapy. It worked. I didn't worry about the laundry or toys or organization and just baked. It was nice. After I put the kids to bed I relaxed and gave myself a pedi during the newest episode of 'glee' and felt awesome when I went to bed.

All this was shot to hell when the house alarm went off at 5:30am. I'm pretty sure the dog barked and set off the 'window break' alarm because of the echo the living room makes.

All my girlfriends better get ready for many phone calls, since I cannot call my husband in theatre if I have a kid/dog/home invasion-freak out.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm. Wow. Good Lord I really think I'd pee myself if the alarm went off.

    Really. Pee. All. Over.

    I know it is vulgar, but it is true. So the fact that you not only didn't urniate all over yourself AND you deduced that the dog was the cause is wayyy better than I'd do.

    Call me anytime. Because really, I'd be calling you from my bed, with the alarm going off while I cowered under the covers, soaked in urine, begging you to come save my coward ass from the serial killer who set my alarm off.

    ReplyDelete