Friday, November 4, 2011

Bittersweet

Finally received an email from my hubby today, after 4 days. I was getting a little antsy. I know, I know, I can hear Shawn's grandmother now..."Mont was gone for 3 years and I got a written letter about once a month."
Sigh.
Hubby is pretty sad about missing Blake's 9th birthday. 9, really? My kid is NINE?!?!?! Not only is my kid 9, but Thanksgiving is coming up and I have never cooked a turkey. Ever. Shawn does that. I am in a halfway melancholia...the only thing keeping me going right now is the prospect of Christmas in TN with all my brothers, their kids, my mom and my grandparents. Deployment without family close for holidays sucks. As of right now I have no feeling to make Thanksgiving dinner. It just seems so sad at this point to celebrate without Shawn here.
Hopefully next week will be better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that it has been such a difficult week. I can't believe Blake is 9!!! Why don't you order a cooked turkey from some business and just worry about the sides? And please know that I think about your selflessness often. You are doing all of this so that Shawn can go save valuable lives, so that Mommy's don't need to bury their babies. I just wish it were easier on you. You are an amazing Mom and an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete