Friday, January 28, 2011

Smoke and Mirrors

Wednesday of last week we left at 8:45 am and returned at 1:15 to a horrible smell. After showering and messing around, I went to make some coffee and saw that the knob on the stove was turned ever so slightly. Fantastic.

I went to the computer to research and everything said, "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! NOW!"

BUT...I was in a bathrobe. The last time I had to call the Fire Dept. when the twins locked me out, it was right after I had been running on the treadmill. I was in teeny-tiny shorts and a teeny-tiny shirt, with an enormous amount of baby fat AND not one smear of mascara. Hell, no, I was NOT going to call them AGAIN, in a bathrobe.

We grabbed our stuff and went to a friend's house while the house aired out.

And yes, I'm sure it was on all night, since hubby was out of town. We are all alive, though. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment